Tuesday, June 3, 2008

6 Months Old



Dear Ainslee,
I can't believe how quickly you are growing up! In just 6 short months you have already learned how to do so much. You have become such a fun, silly, spunky, smiley, and independent little girl. You love to be around people and smile at them, although you currently only want Mommy or Daddy to hold you when you are around a lot of people. You also love animals. You could watch Charley kitty for hours, I even caught you trying to eat him! He is in big trouble when you learn how to walk... Your daddy and I are amazed every time we see you do something new. The other day you just started running full speed when you were in your "walker." Daddy and I stood there with our mouths open, we had no idea you could do that! We also love when you give us big slobbery "kisses." You are such a sweet little girl!
There is a song that is popular right now that always makes me think of you. It says:
Cause you're gonna miss this
You're gonna want this back
You're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast
These are some good times
So take a good look around
You may not know it now
But you're gonna miss this

I know that these are some GOOD times, but part of me is so excited to see how much you will change over the next 6 months, year, or 5 years. When I hear this song it just reminds me to savor every moment with you right now. I know you won't stay this little for very long. Your daddy and I love you so much and thank God for the blessing he has given us in you.

1 comment:

Katie K said...

I love that song too! Makes me cry...