
As expected, Ainslee came down with the church nursery funk last Tuesday. Well, the funk started getting worse over the weekend, while we were in Kerrville, and by Monday morning I knew she needed to go to the doctor. The poor baby was diagnosed with a fever, double ear infection, and bronchialitis. We had to do a breathing treatment at the doctor's office, which she just LOVED *sarcasm.* She got an antibiotic for the ears and albuterol and a nebulizer to do breathing treatments every 4-6 hours. We got an ointment to put on her little cheeks because they were getting quite chapped for some reason, and lotramin to put on a lovely little rash she's had since October. She is also taking Motrin for her fever. Can I just say that doing all of these "treatments" takes FOREVER! Hopefully, they are working though! She has to go back to the doctor on Monday to check her breathing and make sure she is on the mend. Thankfully, she doesn't seem to mind the breathing treatments anymore (as long as Praise Baby or Sesame Street are on). She will actually sit still the entire time. I think she knows it is helping her.
We are very much missing baby Cameron this week. She is with other little friends so she doesn't get Ainslee's nasty germs. I know Ainslee misses her, because anytime she sees a baby on TV or in a book she signs baby, which she learned on Monday while playing with Cameron.
***Our sincere apologies go out to anybody that was around Miss Ainslee last week when we thought it was just a little runny nose.




5 comments:
Poor Ainslee (and mommy and daddy!). That is an impressive list of ailments. That almost rivals something that a member of the Brown family could manage to come down with :) I hope Ainslee feels better soon! Give her a big cyber hug from me (since I can't catch any germs that way!)
sad day! hope she is feeling better soon! she looks like jennings...he has been on the nebulizer machine for over a week now!
So far so good here!!! We enjoyed our play date with y'all!!
Hi, Sick baby and poor worried Mommy and Daddy; I hope she is better today and your life is better now. We really feel for you and we have all been threre.
Love Great grandparetnts Shaw.
i have been meaning to call and check on ainslee. i am so sorry for her and for you that she is feeling so bad. both of us know about giving the medicine and how fun that is :) will talk to you soon.Laura
Post a Comment