Wednesday, February 4, 2009

14 Months... and a day

Well, I realized around 7:30 last night, that Ainslee was now 14 months old! This is exciting to me only because 14 just happens to be my favorite number! Strange, I know. But I thought I would give an update on her latest and greatest tricks, although I'm sure she will add another one by the end of the day. She truly learns something new everyday and it has been so exciting to watch.

We are slowly adding more signs to her repertoire, only because she looks at us and waits for us to show her the sign for something. This is quite unfortunate if we have no clue what the sign is. She now signs hi/bye, more, please, finished, baby, kitty, horse, dog, and has her own *very* distinct sign for fish (I'm not sure what the real sign is). As you can see, she has a love for animals. She also blows kisses, such a sweet new trick.

Her speaking vocab now includes mama, dada, more, hi, bye, banana, duck and fish. She will also say moo if you ask her what the cow says (or if you just say cow)-it's hilarious.

We know she is understanding almost everything we say these days, which is a little scary. She can follow simple directions. She can also point to her head, ears, and bellybutton when asked. We are working on learning body parts these days.

She is starting to eat more foods (finally!) and has discovered a love for carbs :) She loves waffles, bread, crackers, pancakes, and bagels. Her favorites though are still any kind of fruit and avocados.

I'm sure I am leaving out a few, but as you can see she is keeping us well entertained these days.


Watching Sesame Street with Cameron

Beautiful, happy little girls!


2 comments:

Katy said...

oh man, i cant wait to see you guys!!! I hope to make it there soon!!!

Katie K said...

Wow, it is like miniature versions of you and Bo!