On Saturday, Yo surprised me with a giant rainbow birthday cake! Apparently it took her an entire day to make, but it was beautiful and yummy! Ainslee loved telling us which color she wanted to take a bite of next.
After nap time, we took Ainslee down to the sea wall. She had been asking to go to the beach the entire week before we left! This was as close as we were willing to get, since it was pretty chilly. She loved walking right next to the water, which kept us on a very close watch.
I had the brilliant idea of feeding the sea gulls some of her goldfish. I didn't think it would be a big deal since I only saw one near us... Apparently word travels fast, because we were immediately surrounded by them. Daddy was a little worried they were going to attack Ainslee :) Of course she wasn't scared at all and had a blast watching them.

Strolling with Aunt Yo
Strolling with Aunt Yo
She thought she was big stuff sitting on this bench.
Our family of almost 4
We were pretty worn out and cold by this point, but Yo wanted to make sure Ainslee got to see the Christopher Columbus ship.
After we warmed up at home for a little while, we headed out for dinner at La Playa and came back to play Catan after Ainslee headed to bed.
Sunday morning we attempted to get ready quickly, and by quickly I mean before 11:00 am, and went to Cracker Barrel for a delicious brunch. I had been craving biscuits and gravy for a few days :) We all stuffed ourselves but worked it off later on at the park.
But she had even more fun going down the slide with Mommy!

We had a super fun time and can't wait to go back to meet Ruby, our new doggy niece, who arrived soon after we left!





No comments:
Post a Comment