Wednesday, August 31, 2011

First Day of School

The girls had their first day of Children's Day Out on Tuesday.  We had meet the teacher last week, so Ainslee was able to get a taste of just how much fun she was going to have.  She was very excited to start school!  When I dropped her off at her room this morning she ran right in and started working at their tables.  The teacher had to remind her to tell me goodbye, which I took as a sign she was going to have a great day!  Hattie went into her classroom without a fuss and I am sure she was excited to see so many of her little baby friends in her class. 
The car ride home was quiet, the house was quiet, it was strange.  I ran lots of errands, cleaned up the house, did laundry, ate a quick lunch, and forced myself to relax for about 10 minutes before pick up time.
I got great reports from their teachers.  Apparently Hattie did not cry all day and was a happy little girl.  Ainslee said she had fun and looked exhausted.  She told me she sang songs, played kitchen and legos, ate lunch, played in the gym, and made a friend.  They both took great naps when we got home, so I know they played hard.  I think they are going to have a great year!

Ainslee's first day of school picture

 My best attempt at Hattie's first day of school picture- she was not in the mood
 She also wouldn't hold still for a sister picture.  I thought about "staging" a picture later, but this is real life! :)

2 comments:

Laura said...

I love all of the pictures! I can't believe how big Hattie has gotten. She looks like she is such a sweetie. I can't believe how time flies. I would love to see ya'll!
Laura

Lauren said...

Love Ainslee's lunch bag :)