
First and foremost, Ainslee is now a forward facer! That's right, she finally hit the 20 lb mark. As soon as Daddy gets home we will officially turn the carseat around. I know she's going to love her new view.
I took Ainslee and Cameron to the doctor this morning for Ainslee's 15 mo. check up. We got a few "wow they are close in age" glances and one older lady in passing told me to just wait until they were teenagers (I didn't feel like explaining the situation). Even though it was naptime and they were both WIDE awake, we managed to get through the hour long wait and appointment without much difficulty.
Ainslee's stats this visit:
Weight-20lbs 9oz (15th percentile)
Height- 31.5" (80th percentile) she had a growth spurt!
Once again, tall and skinny. This also makes for difficulties finding clothes that fit, especially in the waist. She is in 9 or 12 month clothes for her weight, but 18 month for her height. I think she will be wearing a lot of baggy dresses this summer :)
Some of Ainslee's new tricks this month include a recent love for dancing. Any time she hears music she likes, she will spin in circles with her arms in the air and then clap. It is pretty much the cutest little dance ever! I can't wait for the future ballet recitals! Sometimes she will try to sing along with the music, a very sweet sound.
Ainslee has always loved animals and has been signing some animals, but will now make a lot of different animal sounds. If you ask her or she sees a duck, cow, chicken, dog, goat, or sheep she will respond with their sounds. Pure genius I tell you!
She has also gotten very good at following directions. Some random examples:
The other day she had milk on her nose after finishing her bottle. I told her to go wipe her nose off on the towel in the kitchen, just to see what she would do. Well, she walked up to the towel and rubbed her nose on it, I was shocked! She is also learning the purpose of different objects. She took her toy keys and held them up to the door knob, trying to unlock it. Never taught her that one, and we hardly ever use that door. Note to self-she is very observant! She will also do a headstand on command, she keeps her feet on the floor, but she is trying.
We have been so amazed at all her new abilities and tricks this month and are excited to see what she will amaze us with next!




2 comments:
all cuteness!!!
Awesome Names that you guys picked and the picture of you guys in the meadow was awesome. Isnt that what Ainslee means (my meadow?) That is precious! Blessings to you and your family.
Post a Comment