Thursday, March 26, 2009

Talking & Tantrums

Apparently they go hand in hand. Ainslee has started saying and trying to say a lot more words this week. She has reached the fun stage where we can ask her to say something and she tries to repeat it. Some new words this week include: kitty, green, keys, Jesus, and please. The Jesus one has been my favorite so far. We got a brochure from the Jehovah's Witness left on our door the other day and it had a picture of Jesus on the front of it. Being the paper lover that she is, Ainslee immediately wanted the brochure. So I handed it to her. She pointed to the picture and I said, "that's Jesus." She looked at me and smiled and said "Geeshush." From then on she would look at the picture and point and say Geeshush (we switched the brochure out for her Children's Bible), love it!
What I am not loving is the new outburst of tantrums. I think she is getting really frustrated with not being able to actually say what she needs to, that and she is just a tad impatient and stubborn. We are working on ways to reduce this issue, but any suggestions are much appreciated! Here are a few pictures to demonstrate the issue.
Such a sad little face!

4 comments:

The McFarland Family said...

that is absolutely pathetic!

Katy said...

such a cute dress to be throwing a tantrum in! I wonder if the fact that you are standing there taking pictures of her tantrums makes her feel as though you are mocking her!!! hopefully she outgrows it faster than Jennings...her is still tantruming!!!

Cara said...

Her tantrum actually started because I was trying to take her picture in that cute dress and she wanted the camera instead.

Rachaellh said...

Cara,
The pictures of Ainslee are priceless! I know the feeling well. Emerson is at that same stage where she expects us to understand what she is telling us and wants her thoughts know. I started reading the Happiest Toddler on the Block and am really surprised that his techniques work. We can't wait to make it back down to San Antonio and probably will need to go back to Super Target.