The bad news...we were in Jason's truck, which translates to parking far out and hard to put Ainslee in her carseat. Well I turn the car on to get the AC going since it was a billion degrees, load up all the bags, get Ainslee out of her stroller, load her up in the truck, buckle her all in, close her door, and get in myself. All the while I am talking to Grammy who is assisting in this ordeal. We get home, I open up the backseat and the stroller is not in there. It is not in the bed of the truck either. What the heck?! Now I know what you are thinking. I once saw a post on Craig's List for a missing stroller that a lady left while she was voting. I remember thinking to myself, "how the heck do you manage to lose your stroller!" Well, now I know. It's rather easy actually. We drove right back to Kohl's and I searched the parking lot while Grammy asked Customer Service if anyone returned a teal Combi stroller (she also made a quick scan of the kids department to see if anyone was USING our stroller). Unfortunately, it was not meant to be. Who jacks a stroller?! So yea, that part of the weekend really stinks!
We came home to find Daddy had made it back from Houston and brought "Uncle" Sterling with him. Since Ainslee missed her afternoon nap, due to the stroller ordeal, we decided against going to a restaurant and ordered Chili's to go instead.
Sunday we had a fun family day. We went to church and before we picked Ainslee up from the nursery we peeked in to spy on her. Let's just say I think we have the wild child in class. Climbing is her new passion, and apparently she is practicing wherever she goes. We see her standing up on the table (a long skinny table for about 10 kiddos) waving her hands over her head and squealing her excited laughy squeal. She then walks down the table and makes it to the other end before an adult comes to get her down. Crazy girl! We decided to go to McAlister park that afternoon to let her get out some of that energy and had fun on the playground and then on a long hike!
Grammy with a sleepy baby
Peek-a-boo!
Her preferred sliding method
Trying rock wall
Daddy wasn't even holding on!
Hiking
First skinned knee from hiking-time to add bandaids to the diaper bag!











3 comments:
Oh no! Isn't that the stroller we gave you? Not that it matters, but somehow the fact that I'm connected to the stroller makes it feel even more tragic!
Skinned knees, hmmm I think that is her rite off passage from babyhood to toddlerhood! She seems so big now!
I am glad to know that are are not the only ones with a climber. I caught Emerson on the kitchen table last weekend. She was so proud of herself.
Post a Comment