
A little late, but better than never! Ainslee is now 18 months old. I cannot believe how quickly she has changed, especially when I think about how we were so impressed by her sitting up skills around this time last year. She is so much fun these days (when she is not partaking in the terrible 2's a little early). I've been meaning to write down a list of her new tricks, but of course, that has not happened.
Grammy came to visit on Ainslee's half b-day and brought her a basketball goal. I don't know if I have mentioned before, but she is just slightly obsessed with basketball! I don't know of any other toddler girls that leave the park to run down to the basketball court to watch guys playing basketball. If the court is empty she does her little "where are they" sign and just stares at the hoop. Does this seem strange to anyone else? It must be in her genes though, because her grandpa and great-grandpa played college basketball!
Getting an assist from Daddy
Another one of her favorites is singing and dancing. She loves the ABC's (or C's) as she calls it, I'm a Little Teapot, the Itsy Bitsy Spider, Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes, and anything that is sung on Sesame Street. She will get a sweet little hummy voice and sing along to songs she knows, or even doesn't know. She will combine the dance moves to all the songs she knows into one dance-it's hilarious!
Playing blocks with Grammy, Pop, and Cameron
Ainslee is starting to say more words and still continues to make up signs or gestures to get her point across. Words she says that I can think of:
dadda
kitty
Charley
ball
ice
shoes
hi
bye
Pop
please
"eese" - short for berries
ba- banana, bottle
If you're wondering why "mamma" isn't on this list it is because she refuses to say it for some reason. We've heard her say it, but she won't on command. Seriously Ainslee, say mamma!
One of her biggest accomplishments lately is that she no longer takes a bottle! I know, call CPS, my child drank out of a bottle until she was 18 months old... For some reason she would throw massive fits if she had anything other than water in her sippy cup. It just was one of those things that wasn't worth fighting. She now takes a cup for her milk too, and I will admit that it looks much more like a bottle than a cup, but it's an improvement.
We haven't taken her in for her 18 month check up yet (official stats to come soon), but I know that she has grown a lot lately! She grows out of her shoes every few weeks it seems like and her dresses have gotten a lot shorter, too! She has become quite the cuddle bug, which I love! She will come up and tap your leg, meaning she wants to sit on your lap. She imitates everything we do, like washing hands, talking on the phone, taking pictures, and she tries to take care of Cameron too. I think it's hilarious when she pats Cameron on the back to try to get her to burp or wipe her mouth with a burp cloth :)
We love Ainslee to pieces and enjoy watching her learn and discover new things! I can't believe my baby is really a toddler these days.







No comments:
Post a Comment