Thursday, September 3, 2009

21 Months


Ainslee is 21 months old today, that is just crazy! Jason was asking when we are going to stop counting her age in terms of months, I figure we'll stop when she turns 2. Maybe, maybe not. 21 months is a random age to post about, but she is doing some exciting things lately and this is the best means of summarizing all of them.

I recently purchased Leap Frog's Letter Factory (DVD) after hearing/reading great reviews. Well, let's just say the reviews did not disappoint. Ainslee is completely obsessed with this movie and requests it MANY times a day by saying "A,A,A,A,A,A," at the top of her lungs. The show goes through the entire alphabet and teaches the letters and their sounds. Ainslee can already tell you about 90% of the letter sounds when you ask her what the letter says. Crazy! Some of them were sounds that she hadn't really started saying yet! She has become alphabet crazed and points to letters on everything all the time now. I think it has also really helped in her vocabulary. She is now repeating more words and trying to say a lot more words.

Ainslee is also perfecting her motor skills these days. She can run way too fast and swings her left (yes, only the left) arm while she's at it. She has become a little dare devil on the playground and tries to climb the Jungle gym that is about 6 feet high. We definitely have to keep a close eye on her!

I feel like Ainslee's earlier "monthly" post always discussed her eating habits. Well, I am not nearly as concerned about her eating these days. She still LOVES fruit, but she will now eat just about everything that we do for dinner. She will also eat hamburgers, chicken nuggets, and pasta - you know, all the wonderful, "oh so healthy" foods that most toddlers love, and that she used to despise. Eating has become much less of a stress factor in our lives :)

If I had to list Ainslee's favorite activities these days, I would say she loves singing songs (with motions), reading books, and playing outside (if the front door isn't locked, she's out of here!). We are having so much fun with her and love her silly, goofy side that she is showing us so much more of lately!

3 comments:

Katy said...

Yea Ainslee! You are the coolest!

Laura said...

I love reading her blog. I promise I will update Addison's and Kaitlyn's soon.

Ainslee said...

Ainslee turned 21 months on Ainslee's 58th birthday!!
Happy 22 month birthday
All my best, Ainslee
PS I love the new blog photo