Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Giving Thanks

We have so much to be thankful for this year. Most notably-our family, friends, and health. I am also so thankful to be able to stay home with our sweet little girl everyday. This year we gave thanks with Jason's family in East Texas. We made the 10 hour drive (normally about 7) to Mt. Pleasant on Wednesday morning with Grandma and Grandpa. We stopped in Dallas to pick up Uncle Travis and fought the I-35 traffic the entire way there. Amazingly, Ainslee did quite well in the car on the way there and back! We stayed with GG (Jason's grandmother), but drove to Quitman on Thanksgiving morning. Ainslee got to meet a large portion of her extended family on Jason's Dad's Dad's side of the family (I did too for that matter). She took a few nibbles of turkey and called it quits on the "thanksgiving food." She opted for a 3 hour nap instead. Mommy and Daddy got to actually enjoy a long, peaceful Thanksgiving meal! :) We had fun enjoying the country and beautiful weather, and loved watching Ainslee chase around all the dogs. We stayed at GG's through Saturday, where Ainslee was our main source of entertainment. Having two grandparents and a great-grandmother around really allowed her to "show off" :) We all had a wonderful break and loved getting to spend time with our family. We are blessed!

Ainslee enjoyed playing with her 3rd cousin

The fam

She loved the cows



Enjoying a bed time snack

I am so sad that this is the only picture I managed to get at GG's house. Our camera is on the fritz and Ainslee is still opposed to her picture being taken. Bad combination, but a new VERY nice camera will be here soon. Now if we can just get Ainslee to cooperate we will be in business!


1 comment:

Rachaellh said...

I absolutely love the picture of Ainslee in her pillowcase dress with the cows. Too cute!