We celebrated Ainslee's second birthday the weekend after her birthday. We had planned to have a small party at our neighborhood park, under the pavilion. I was really praying we would have nice weather, because we would not be able to fit everyone in our house. Well, we did have a beautiful sunny day (which we have only had about 2 of in the last month), but it was FREEZING cold! Ainslee is the most warm natured person I know, but this was the first time I have ever seen her really cold. We are talking about lip chattering, nose running, shivering cold.
Jason had the brilliant idea of borrowing the big coffee maker from his school to use to make hot chocolate for everyone, and I think it was much appreciated! We served pizza and cupcakes (a 2 year olds favorite meal, right?!). Ainslee had been talking about "cu-cakes" for weeks and that was all she requested for dinner the night before her party (wish not granted). The most we were able to actually get her to eat on her birthday was a lick of the icing off of her fingers. Silly girl!
After some snuggles with her grandmothers, Ainslee was warmed up and ready to play for a little while. I think she had a fun time with her friends and all her family. We really appreciated everyone joining us despite the cold weather!





No comments:
Post a Comment