Ainslee Grace,
Mommy is a tad behind in writing your half birthday update. We have had a wild and crazy summer and it's only the middle of June! Making things even more difficult is the fact that our computer died. I don't even want to think about the pictures we might have lost (luckily I have a horrible habit of not deleting the camera memory cards, so we might be able to salvage a lot). But, until we get a new and improved computer I will be blogging on Daddy's school, or "cools" as you like to call it, laptop which might mean no pictures for awhile.
Well, your big 2 1/2 year milestone would have to be potty training! I won't say potty trained, because we just aren't completely there yet. But, you don't wear diapers anymore and you have declared yourself a BIG Girl! That is a big step since you used to always correct me and say that you are a baby (and I am an "old person"). You also tell me that I am a big girl when you see me go potty. You are still less than thrilled about using the potty, but you really don't like having accidents so you just hold it as long as possible. Hopefully, this will have no long term affect on your health... You also like to use going "teetee" as an excuse to get out of naps and bedtime. You are just too clever for your own good! :)
You are quite the talker these days! While waiting for an oil change yesterday, I had a lady ask me how old you were. She said you were a very good talker. A few minutes later she changed her wording to, "she talks a lot!" Yes, pretty much all day long non-stop. I think you clearly like making your opinions, thoughts, and emotions very well known.
Ainslee, I don't know where you get it from, but you are quite the social butterfly. Anywhere we go you ask to play with "these little girls" or "these little boys." Unfortunately, this is usually at the grocery store or Target, and we can't just stop and play in the middle of the store. You will walk up to any little kid and try to play with them and you make friends everywhere. The other day while we were playing at Chick-fil-a (your all time FAVORITE restaurant), I heard you tell a 7 or 8 year old little girl, "Hi, what's you's name?" "Can I play with you?" You then came up to me and told me you were going to play with Ashley! I can't believe you are old enough these days to do/say things like that! I love that you are so outgoing and social, maybe Mommy can learn some things from you in that department.
You still love to draw, paint, and play with play-dough. You can entertain yourself for at least an hour doing these things. You have gotten very good at coloring inside the lines of your coloring books, when you are concentrating. You are also into playing games. We have lots of matching games like Memory that you like to play with Mommy or Daddy. You also like hide and go seek and playing chase with Daddy. Daddy taught you how to play and say, "tag, you're it!" I have seen you try to play this with Charley cat, but I have yet to see him chase after you! :) You have become very interested in your baby dolls and taking care of them. I'm hoping this means that you are prepared for you upcoming roll as "Big Sister."
You have told me many times that you want to hold baby sister and I can't wait for that moment! You have already made plans for the things you are going to do for her and how you want to take care of her. The other day you laid out a blanket on the floor and put a bunch of toys on it. You told me that it was for, "me's baby sister." You are so sweet and thoughtful!
Mommy and Daddy love you to pieces and are continually amazed by your actions, thoughts, and just how darn smart you are!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment