Monday, September 21, 2009

Nevermind!


Well, let's just say the whole "big girl" thing was jumping the gun a tad. We gave it a week, which I feel was adequate time to adjust, but Ainslee was not having the toddler bed. She got to where she would go to bed just fine, but would wake up WAY to many times in the night (not safe and usually resulting in Jason sleeping on her floor). She seemed to like her bed a lot during the day, like the time I heard lots of giggling and went in to find Ainslee jumping on the bed and Cameron holding on to the rails and jumping...umm, are they four years old already?

I ordered a crib tent last week when exhaustion hit it's peak. Saturday afternoon our "tent" arrived. Ainslee literally tore the box open, so we assembled it and let her play like it was a real tent, which she loved. Sunday, Jason and I spent forever re-assembling her crib and installing the tent. After it was all said and done, I realized I forgot to put the crib skirt on, but I don't think that will be happening now. It's a bit of an ordeal to put the whole thing together. Needless to say, without the frills it really looks like a baby jail now.

The result- Sunday night we did not hear a peep out of her. Amen!


Could this look any more like a poor little baby trapped in jail???

2 comments:

Katie K said...

She will get used to it! Don't feel guilty at all. It's better than you or Jason being sent to real jail from going crazy on lack of sleep.

Katy said...

hahaha...AWESOME!!! Can't wait to see you guys!!!!